Train 18, operating under the name of Vande Bharat Express is the first ‘engineless’ train service in India. Train 18 runs only with coaches with a speed of 160 km per hour. Train18 is designed by India’s ICF Chennai under the government’sMake in India initiative in the 18 months period.
Things to know about Train 18
- Train 18 does not have a locomotive engine like the existing trains.
- There are a total of 16 AC coaches combined with two executive coaches in Train 18.
- It consists of 78 seats. These seats rotate 360 degrees.
- Train 18 has the only loco pilot cabin same like Metro Train.
- Train 18 has a Wi-Fi facility. There are also LED screens.
- Train 18 Coaches have automatic slide doors. These doors will only open when the platform comes.
- In addition, the government plans to run ‘train 18’ trains as inter-city trains.